Wow, it has been a long time since I have blogged...
To update my previous post, our family flew back to SD at the end of July to attend my aunt's funeral (she had lung cancer that had spread throughout her body). While we were there my children and I got to see my grandpa in the nursing home and spend time with family. My son turned one on August 15th so we were going to have a little party at my parent's house at the lake and after eating lunch, I had to be taken to the hospital and had my gall bladder removed the next day. No party for him! A day after my surgery, my grandpa fell and broke a bone in his face and some ribs. His cancer medicine was no longer working and he was about to start Hospice care but it was too hard for him to mend after this and a week later he died. My husband and daugther flew home because they were getting sick and my son and I stayed a few more days to attend the funeral. The only good thing out of this horrible summer is that we got to spend a lot of time with family and took pontoon rides on the lake after every funeral which was a good bonding experience. 2008 was not a fun year...
Now on to current news....
My dad's sister who had the tumor on her liver has another tumor and needs more tests run at the end of this month. We are all praying that the doctors can help her beat this cancer.
Some good news is that any day my sister-in-law will be having her first baby and we are so excited to meet the little girl!
And...I am almost 19 weeks pregant and should find out next week what we are having hopefully if the baby cooperates. LOL! I was pretty sick the first trimester so have a lot more energy now in the second trimester. We are pretty excited and are trying to figure out where to put all the baby stuff when we bring it out. My daughter is really excited too but wants a little sister - I totally think we are having a boy - so that is why we are going to find out what we are having so the kids can have a few months to adjust to the idea.
I just applied to an accelerated nursing program through University of Arizona and if chosen will have an interview next month. I am also finishing up the pre-reqs for the nursing program through Grand Canyon University so I can apply to that program to start in the Fall. I am excited but nervous because the kids have never been in day care, I have always been home with them. I know that becoming a nurse will be a wonderful thing for myself and for them in the future. It will be great to have an income so that with both our incomes we can get a bigger house! Anyway, I will try to do my best in class and know that God will take care of our future.
Well, I hope to update this more often. And add some pictures.
M
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
'bout time. What, you aren't busy or anything are you?
Post a Comment